Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Product Hate: ELF's All Over Color Stick


Hopefully you're actually reading this and haven't just looked at the title and passed by this post. Perhaps I shouldn't put my feelings about products in the title...Hmm...

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I love ELF products - they do some really great stuff. Their studio line is beyond amazing and they are churning out new stuff all the time. However, this product isn't from their studio line, it's from their infamous $1 line and while some of those products are really amazing, other products make you realize you sometimes get what you pay for.

I am not really a fan of cream blushes since I have oily skin and have heard horror stories of oily-skinned ladies like myself trying cream blushes and breaking out something fierce, then chucking that creamy culprit into the garbage to be picked up on the curbside by the man in the jumpsuit. (That was a really long sentence ._.). But there are also stories of women putting on cream blush under powder blush which helps it stay on longer, and I am all about getting my makeup to last. So $1 is not too much to sacrifice for an experiment, right?

I couldn't have been more wrong. This product is the antithesis of "cream blush." I know it says "All Over Color Stick," but this won't apply just anywhere. The shade I purchased is Golden Peach and it is very beautiful in the tube and in the swatch, but it is so so dry. Literally when I tried to apply this straight from the stick to my face I could see and feel the skin around my eyes being dragged down as this tried to deposit product. The obvious next step is to use my finger to warm up the product, and this helps...to get it on my finger. Once it's on there it doesn't really transfer well to my face and I'm left with a peachy-pink finger and some highlight on my face.



I'm sure this experience with a cream product is probably a fluke and I'll just have to try something a little more high-end, but I'm still disappointed in the quality. So a repurchase is definitely a no.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment