Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I broke my lash glue! ._.'



Hi everyone. This is just a quick post about something that happened today.
I'm a complete noob when it comes to applying false eyelashes, so I figure it'll be better with practice. I don't practice with any expensive lashes, just some that I picked up from my local Dollar Tree. Can't go wrong practicing with cheapy lashes. :)

I've heard that the Duo lash glue in Dark Tone was particularly good, and since it dries dark instead of white/clear, I wouldn't have to worry about reapplying eyeliner if I use too much. The product is about $6 and I was only able to find the dark tone at my local Sally Beauty Supply. My local drugstores and Targets only carry the white/clear version.

Perhaps it was a sign when I noticed that the area where the tip and the tube meet was beginning to crack, but I didn't think anything of it. Maybe there was a nice protective plastic sheet inside to protect from numerous openings and squeezings. Well, today I found out. When I opened the tube I heard a crack and the top snapped clean off and was stuck inside the cap!

The damage was already done to my product though because the top portion had already dried into a solid rubbery mess. I was going to throw the entire thing away but thought I'd try to salvage it by putting the remaining glue from the bottom into a contact lens case that twists shut. I have no clue whether this will work or not.

Has this happened to any of you? Any suggestions on how I can prevent this from happening again? Thanks in advance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment