Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nail Look: Turquoise French Tip w/ Gold Glitter


Hi everyone! This is just a post about a nail look I did a while back during the peak of summer. It's a version of a French manicure using a turquoise nail polish instead of white, topped with a gold glitter top coat.

The turquoise nail polish I used was NYC's in a New York Color Minute Quick Dry nail polish in East Village 206B ($1-2 at drugstores). The brush is the flat kind, instead of the traditional round brush. I like this better because it covers more of the nail more evenly. The formula is very thin and applies sheerly, but this means it does dry quickly. For this look I applied about two or three coats to each tip.

The glittery top coat is Sephora by OPI's Only Gold for Me top coat ($9 at Sephora and sephora.com). I thought it was initially very goopy and the glitter didn't apply very evenly - I would always get the glitter bits on certain parts of my nail instead of nicely distributed. I diluted it with nail polish thinner and it does seem to help. There was probably about two coats of this polish just to get a nice even application.



At this point I have about 4 or 5 coats of nail polish on my claws, but I go a step further and put a clear top coat on top of the glitter coat. The reason for this is I've experience the glitter partially flaking and poking up, which scratches and snags anything from delicate fabrics to your boyfriend's face. -_____-' So, an extra top coat just in case.


Enjoy!

1 comment: