Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Life Savers: Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats


There seems to be a trend that the cuter the shoe is, the more it will kill your feet. I've experienced this plenty of times: there are tons of cute high-heeled shoes sitting in my closet that only come out on special occasions or very short outings because, to put it plainly, they are a pain to wear.

Sure they feel fine for the first hour or two, but then the inevitable occurs - your feet get sweaty or swollen, then they start sliding around inside the shoe jamming your toes up against the toe box. If you have flatter feet like I do, then you might experience your non-existent arches aching from being at an unusual angle for prolonged periods of time.

There's an entire medley of things that can go wrong when you wear cute, but killer, shoes out, among them: blisters (closed or open), corns, bunions, red burns from ill-fitting straps, etc. etc. The list goes on and on...

But we don't have to let ourselves get to that point anymore! Thanks to Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats! These cute black flats come in a small gold clutch that can easily be tucked into your purse or a large coat pocket. Once your feet start barking you can just pull these babies out, slap them on and walk around like you were supposed to: flat.

These are great for regular outings with girlfriends, family or your significant other, and they are also great for weddings and other kinds of events that call for more than just a cute ballet flat. On my latest occasion, after I returned to the car with my boyfriend, I simply removed my shoes and slipped these on, leaving those cute heels in the car.

Since they are black with small little bows on the front they go with practically anything, so there really is no wrong occasion to wear these. The only bad part about them is that the soles are very very thin. I understand that it's because they need to be folded to fit in the clutch, but I can feel everything in these flats! Everything from cold restroom floors to bumpy asphalt. You will definitely feel any inconsistencies in the ground like pebbles, but I think the trade-off is definitely worth it.

These retail for about $9.99 at Target and Walmart to $13 at local drugstores.

Image from: http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=450&uid=2065114246

1 comment:

  1. ahh I love heels but if I'm going to out with them I try to pick the most comfortable pair. Nonetheless, heels put strain on your feet and body and these are great back up portable shoes, hehe. I need some, just in case. Otherwise, for work, it don't really matter because I'm always seated.

    ReplyDelete