Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nail Look: Sonia Kashuk "Taunting Teal" & "Nubar 2010"

Hey everyone! I haven't done a nail look in a while, so I thought I would post this up. The lovely Mica G (from Luuux) posted a long time ago a look with a polish by Sally Hansen called "Hidden Treasure." Unfortunately that was limited edition and is unavailable now, but is sold very marked up on eBay. However, she came to the rescue and provided info on a dupe, Nubar's "Nubar 2010."

I ordered this from eBay for $7.70 with FREE shipping. I don't know the retail price for this nail polish but compared to $20 for "Hidden Treasure," it was definitely a good price.

A lot of looks I've seen with this polish or "Hidden Treasure" have been over a dark base, and I don't own many that I thought would look good with this polish.

The base polish I used was Sonia Kashuk's "Taunting Teal," which you can buy for $4.99 at Target. It is a beautiful dark and dusty peacock blue with a cream finish that would look good on its own. (I don't normally paint my nails when they are this short just because I don't think it looks good on me.)

I layered "Nubar 2010" on top of this and it looks beautiful! Some fingers I used two coats if there wasn't even glittery bits. It also dries very quickly which is a plus.


Capturing the beautiful of this polish was sort of hard because the shimmers change depending on how the light is hitting them, which is why there are so many pictures above. I just put in on my ring finger to see how it would turn out, but it was so pretty that I put it on all my nails.

The shade definitely reminds me of finding treasure at the bottom of the ocean, and the way the light changes because of the depth of the water. Definitely a nail polish worth adding to your collection!

Thanks for reading!

All images and content are mine.

1 comment:

  1. I think Nubar 2010 looks best over a very dark polish because the holographic flakes shows up better that way. Regardless, it still makes any polish look awesome.

    ReplyDelete