Saturday, February 19, 2011

Favorite Concealer: MAC Studio Finish with SPF 35

Hi everyone! I know I've been neglecting my blog and have really only been posting on Luuux since my readership there is really much larger than this blog. So these next upcoming posts will actually be a month or two old, since they have already been up on Luuux for a while.

Today I wanted to share with you my favorite concealer of all time! It's the MAC Studio Finish concealer with SPF 35, which comes in a myriad of shades and each pot is $16.50 for 7g of product.



What I love about MAC is that almost every foundation shade has a corresponding concealer shade. A lot of other brands, from drugstore to high end usually only have a couple concealer shades to cover all of their foundations shades and sometimes it's hard to get them to match, but with MAC, there is usually a concealer shade for all of the most common foundation shades so you won't have any color difference.

From the MAC website:
¤ "A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. Water-resistant, fragrance-free and non-acnegenic. This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin's imperfections and discolourations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of Vitamin A and Vitamin E), it also contains Silica to help adsorb the skin's oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a medium to firm fiber brush (try the 242 Brush), a latex sponge, or the fingertips."

I absolutely love this concealer, so much that I have it in three shades to cover up my imperfections throughout the year. The NC range is for those with yellow undertones and NC20 is the second lightest shade in the range.





It provides full coverage and goes on very smoothly with a concealer brush. This literally will cover up pretty much anything! I have lots of hyperpigmentation and redness from acne and this covers them up so I can face the day with confidence.

I cover up my blemishes with this and then set it with my MAC blot powder. If you set it with the powder it will definitely last all day, so no need for touch ups. The finish looks very natural but it can get a bit cakey if you try and pile it on.



Like most concealers, it doesn't look good over dry and/or flaky skin. It will just accentuate the dryness and make it more obvious you're wearing makeup. This really looks best over smooth surfaces, like older scars and hyperpigmentation, and not flaky scabs or anything like that.

This concealer is definitely great for those who need to cover up dark marks and imperfections, and it will last you forever. I've had these pots for a while and I'm not close to hitting pan or finishing them yet.

Hope you found this helpful!

All images and content are my own, except for the MAC description of the concealer.

2 comments:

  1. awesome review! I have so many concealers already otherwise, I would love to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the flash photos. i have been searching for these photos for a long time.

    ReplyDelete