Saturday, January 1, 2011

CVS Clearance Haul aka Last Haul of 2010!

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a bunch of fun last night :) Myself, I didn't go partying or whatever but I did spend the day with my boyfriend, and he took me to CVS for their clearance sale!


If you haven't gotten yourself to CVS you need to ASAP to see if any of your favorite shades are being discontinued! I'm actually really surprised about some of the products they are ending, many of them to make way for new products and shades.

A couple of Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks were 50% so they were $4.49 and I saved $4.50! The shades I got were:
◊ "Pink Please" (2): This is one of my favorite everyday lipsticks and I'm sad it's on clearance! It's supposedly a dupe for MAC's "Way to Love" so if you were hesitating to buy this, run out now!
 

◊ Park Ave Peach: A cream finish peach shade
◊ Pink Petal: It looks sort of like a pink version of "Warm Me Up" which is my other favorite everyday shade.

NOTE: Definitely check the smell of these lipsticks! I've been saying this in every review I've made of these lipsticks but sometimes even I forget. I didn't check yesterday and "Pink Petal" is one of those bad tubes. Unfortunately I didn't realize that until it went on my lips. The texture was very hard, it sort of burned on my lips and the smell was awful. My sister can't smell the Play-Doh I smell but she literally balked when she smelled this rotten tube. So don't forget to check the smell!

A bunch of the Revlon products were on sale so I picked up a few of those too:
◊ ColorBurst Lipstick in Lilac: I actually bought this a couple weeks ago from Target for about $5 and this shade and a couple others were on clearance for 75%! That brought the price down to $2.25! So this is a backup.


◊ ColorBurst Lipstick in "Coral:" I saw this shade in another Luuuxer's post and it looked really pretty. In person it's a very bold red-orange that I might have to tone down with some gloss.

◊ Super Lustrous Lipgloss in "Lilac Pastelle:" I had been wanting to pick this up for a while and was going to buy these at Target, but they were also on clearance for 75% off so it's good that I waited. I picked up two on the off chance I will like this and need a backup. The sale price of these was also $2.25!

◊ Super Lustrous Lipgloss in "Pink Afterglow:" Wasn't originally on my wishlist, but since it was on clearance I figured why not?

◊ Super Lustrous Lipgloss in "Nude Lustre": One of my favorite everyday glosses - it's a neutral rosy brown. This was also a backup.


In the end I was able to get all of these products for about $30 and saved about $60!

Thanks for reading, hope you found this helpful in deciding what to purchase! Happy New Year again!

All images and content are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna need to check out my nearest CVS to see if they have those great sales this weekend but it's so cold outside I don't want to go, lol. Great haul by the way. I'm a lipstick and nail polish junkie so it's probably what I'd most likely pick up

    ReplyDelete